Saturday 17 April 2010

Dont you just love the holidays!

Sorry I have been a bit quiet but we went away last week to Windsor and Chessington - have had a fabulous time and the weather was brilliant for this time of year however I am a bit theme parked out now!  We had two days at Legoland, one day at Thorpe Park and then Two and half days at Chessington World of Adventures (my favourite place now - I was pleasantly surprised!).  We also had a lovely day wandering around Brighton where I found a fabulous jewellery shop and a Cath Kidston shop so I bought a few goodies (as you do!).

Here are a few items I made before I went away - sorry I didnt get time to upload them beforehand:

Here is a new necklace I have made for myself - its using two new Paper Artsy stamps which have been stamped out onto metal and I have again made a flower (told you I was addicted!) - its very light and comfortable to wear although I might change the chain and put it on a leather strip when I get round to buying one from Hobbycrafts (have I mentioned that there is one in walking distance from my house??)!



Here is a card that I actually started about two months ago - it was based on a sketch and I was trying to get a clock theme going using the clock glimmer screen and then image inside it which I am not sure if it has totally worked but I am still pleased with the results:

Next I was messing around with some texture paste I bought at the NEC - again from Paper Artsy - such a fabulous shop! - and yes there is another handmade flower on there using their stamps, the birdie is also on the same set.  Cant wait to put this little beauty on a layout:

And then here is a cute little tag I made using a plastic tag I got (again from the NEC and I think it was a freebie from the Paper Artsy stand or it could have been the Graphicus one).  Very simple, one Paper Artsy collage stamp on the background and their butterfly wings, finished with a metal embellishment.  Background is done using distress inks and the flower is a bought one!!  leaves are punched out though:

I have come back from holiday feeling quite inspired and then what a glorious welcome home I had as my Magnolia Spring Collection stamps had arrived!  16 fabulous new Magnolias for me to play with - so I have spent this morning reorganising my Magnolia folder - just need to run the pages through my laminator now and I will be done and ready to go!  Have also managed to get three loads of washing done - the first of which is already dry after being on the line!

Looking forward to the crop tomorrow and hope to see a few of you there!

No comments: