Finally I have gotten a chance to play today! Whoo hoo - have left the children to sort themselves out and whilst they are happily playing on their Xbox's I have got out some of the new bits and pieces I have bought recently (one die I only bought this morning!) and some others that I, er, bought quite a while ago but have been sitting there waiting patiently in their packaging for me!
So I decided to have a go at Tims August tag as this months was right up my street. I haven't changed it much as I liked the sample so much!
Mine has been mounted onto a card rather than doing a tag this month - for the background I have used Ripe Persimmon and Pumice Stone stains - not my usual colour palette but I just grabbed the first two out of my vast collection of stains, talk about living on the edge eh! And as for brayered stains, I can honestly say I have never used this technique before! Where was I, how did I miss it??? feeling really rather confused about it I can tell you! Also I think my Pumice Stone stain has had it as it is now mainly all green rather than stone but hey ho it made for an interesting background, and I will definately be using this technique again in the future - so simple and yet so lovely (mind you aren't they all!).
I then used my new, been sitting there waiting patiently in the packaging for me for months, wave frameworks die. I cut the frame out of kraft cardstock and painted it with Broken China, again the colour just picked out randomly but thankfully it all goes together nicely! The bits in between are cut out of black or kraft cardstock, some London fabric from a top I have just made, some Calico and a book page - all edges were inked with Vintage Photo on the pieces and Ground Espresso on the frame. Oh and I inked the background with Vintage Photo and splattered it with water (something I don't usually do) and inked the edges with Ground Espresso too.
I finished with white diecut wildflowers inked with Black Soot - again this is in an newish unused die but I did cut out the flowers a while ago and they were just sitting there waiting to be used so I used them rather than cut out more in black cardstock (basically because my sizzix machine and dies are now downstairs and I was too impatient to get sticking down rather than move myself!). I then finished with a 2016 cut out with the brand new Stencil Numbers sizzix die I bought this morning as it was on sale in Hobbycraft - can't beat a bargain eh! and then a couple of words from Tims ChitChat sticker set. For once I haven't sewn on the card but hand stamped using a couple of background stamps from the City Central set.
Thats it - whoo! For details to see how to create the tag/card pop over to Tims blog here
Thanks for looking - inky fingers from Solihull