Tuesday 25 May 2010

Can't grumble

Having a lovely time at the moment - lots going on, lots to make and do and because the weather has been too hot for me I have been staying in the house with our portable air con unit on either crafting or cleaning!  so the house is respectably clean and tidy (kitchen floor is drying as I type!) and I have some projects on the go.

Here is a card I made last week using my fabulous new bird cage die - as soon as I saw a picture of the bird cage mounted this way on a tag on Tims website I knew I just had to have it!

Stamps are Paperartsy (of course) and Prima, flowers are Prima and the orange rose is handmade.  Inks used are spiced marmalade, aged mahogany and I think the butterfly is stamped using bundled sage.  The swirls were stamped with acrylic paint.
I would like to enter this card into the http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/ challenge which this week is to use orange as the main colour on your card.

Also I would like to share a bit more sewing with you all - I made this organiser a few months ago - again this is from a Mandy Shaw kit that I got from http://www.daisychaindesigns.co.uk/ - I know its not quite finished as the fairy faces havent been completed but I still havent got the right pen to use as all the ones I have tested bleed so she looks a bit freaky at the moment but thought I would still share!
front cover

inside fully opened out

inside half opened so that you can see the scissor keeper section
and finally the back cover

This was great fun and surprisingly easy to make albeit a little fiddly in places!  If you look at the daisy chain website my next project is to do the "A Quilter Lives Here" block of the month (although I have already bought the whole quilt to do so I can do it all in one go) - isnt it fabulous!

Thanks for looking - have two hours before aqua fit now so off to do some more on my birthday bunting which is taking forever to make!

Friday 21 May 2010

Blog candy

Oooh look at this:  http://atechnophobesblog.blogspot.com/  a chance to win some fabulous Hanglar & Stanglar stamps - good luck everyone!

Thursday 20 May 2010

Lots going on!

Apologies for the lack of posting - I have been doing lots of bits and pieces but mainly all sewing related.  Went to the Malvern Quilt Show week so I got inspired to get on with some sewing kits I have been stockpiling - here is my latest:

A lovely twitter bag that I bought from Daisy Chain Designs last year - bag is fully lined with a phone pocket and a zipped pocket.  I did take a picture of the back of the bag which has another little birdie on (the one standing on the right) inside a circle of letters but I have just managed to delete it!  oh well I might get chance to take a new picture another time!

Also here is the rest of Benjamins bunting - I did take a picture of it hanging on the wall but it keeps reformatting on here and looks rubbish so I will just show two of the flags on an individual picture so that you get the idea:

It looks absolutely fabulous on his wall!

I am currently still working on the rocket cross stitch to go in his room too (absolutely nothing to do with pirates or diggers (the theme of his room!) at all but at 5 he is not too fussed!

Had a lovely day today - this morning I taught a class at the village hall making the lovely paper flowers that are so popular at the moment - everybody made two lovely tags each and we all had such fun.  The tags were based on these two: 
Then this afternoon I have spent a couple of hours in DS1's classroom helping them all to paint some hand made pots - which all look absolutely fabulous too, I was extremely pleased to see that my son had made a mushroom one - he knows of my passion for those!!

Thanks for looking :)

Sunday 9 May 2010

Been too busy to blog....

Have been busy making a bunting for my little boys room - here is a picture of the first two "flags"


It wasnt quite dry (the bits where I have placed gold treasure) when I took these photos yesterday so I havent hung it on the wall yet so I cant show you the full bunting at the moment (cause my desk isnt big enough to lay it out - trust me to give my child a name with 8 letters!) but I am really pleased with it.  I was going to go with the traditional flag shaped bunting with each flag being a skull and crossbones but then decided on treasure maps instead as I could get more on them!  The whole thing has taken me ages!  its been glimmered, sprayed, inked, coloured in, distressed, stamped and layered repeatedly!  the most fiddly thing was threading the string through the eyelets - by the time I had put sellotape on the end of the string to stop it fraying it was slightly too big to feed through easily - not the best considering I had to unthread it three times as I didnt like the knots or needed to add some!
Little B is pleased with it too which is a relief!  I would also like to enter this into the http://stampinfortheweekend.blogspot.com/ challenge - which is for a card/project for a male.

Here is a card he made for a friends birthday yesterday:

All his own work even the stamping!  bless him.

Thanks for looking - I am now busy making a fairytale birthday bunting for myself!  whoo hoo.