Friday 22 October 2010

Pumpkin's Done!

edited to add the random number generated for my blog candy was 9 who is Morti - congratulations!!!! 
Finally......
This has been weeks in the making!  First painted bright orange, then colour washed, then glimmered, then stamped with spider/halloween stamps.  I took this to the crop on Sunday to finish off as I had precut, embossed and inked all of the leaves (using a new Nestability Leaf die set!) but then remembered that I had a Tim Holtz mask of a spiders web so, of course, that then had to be used, so home it came still unfinished!  When I opened the mask I realised that you are meant to spray black (or whatever colour you want) through the mask to create a cobweb the colour of your paper, with the black being the background to the cobweb.  This meant that using it on the pumpkin would make it an orange cobweb with a black splodge surrounding it which clearly wouldn't work, so as I couldn't be doing with using the mask negative (far too many small fiddly pieces) I just held the main web mask in place (it wouldn't stick to the pumpkin) and lightly put on a slighter darker orange outline, giving me a pumpkin orange cobweb (hope this all makes sense as, after all this faffing, you can't really see the masked webs on the photo!).  Pumpkin is then just finished off with a tag (stamps borrowed from Morag so not sure of the make), painted green stem, the teeth were painted with a Pearl dabber and then I added two white cobwebs (these were a pain as I had to sew three pieces of the netting together).  This is then finished off with two Quickutz spiders with bling for eyes.

Here is a close up of the small cobweb:

Am not sure whether I like those tendrilly bits or not so these havent been stuck down just carefully placed!  Sorry for poor quality of photos but my desk sheet is smaller than the pumpkin!  The pumpkin will now have pride of place in my porch.

Thanks for looking :)

14 comments:

Jingle said...

That looks AWESOME! What a great decor piece!!!

Julia Dunnit said...

Pride of place indeed -it's amazing and fab - you clearly enjoyed the process and it sure is jsutifiably good - sewing the lacey netting together - way above and beyond!! I also love the witches britches bag - just perfect, and so fun to use - would enjoy trotting that out at the beginning of October every year!

WW said...

It's a strange looking pumpkin, but I like it.

Mandi said...

Those keys were a bargain!
Lookign forward toseeing what you create wiht them!

Not going to NEC, not been for a coupe of years now. I absolutely used to love going, but hey ho maybe one day
Happy WOYWW
mandi xx

Chrissie said...

What a very busy space! I haven't heard of some of that equipment you mentioned I must investigate!
I really shouldn't have to miss out on something!
Chrissie

akilli melek said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susanne said...

Oh what fun stuff. Tissue tape is one of my new fave supplies. S #84

kelly said...

That is one very busy desk! I am also very excited about the NEC next week on Sunday and will be there with Laura from airing cupboard crafts, will pop on over to say hi to you x

Shirley Pumpkin said...

looks super busy.. thanks for the comment on my WOYWW.

Hugs
Shirley Pumpkin #41

Maggie's Crafts said...

Lovely crafty space. :) Thank you for sharing.

Maggie

x

Juls said...

loving the look of your crafty space!!! such a perfect way of using a dining table!!! Hugs Juls #138

Sue from Oregon said...

Hope you have fun at your craft event!

Nicks said...

thats a definitive creative desk, thanks for sharing!
Sorry I am late passing by, my internet went down wednesday evening, how inconvenient

Spyder said...

HA! At last, was having trouble with 'service unavailable! great snoop today fab bargains, love your tags, Happy WOYWW #31 & #33
((Lyn))