edited to add the random number generated for my blog candy was 9 who is Morti - congratulations!!!!
This has been weeks in the making! First painted bright orange, then colour washed, then glimmered, then stamped with spider/halloween stamps. I took this to the crop on Sunday to finish off as I had precut, embossed and inked all of the leaves (using a new Nestability Leaf die set!) but then remembered that I had a Tim Holtz mask of a spiders web so, of course, that then had to be used, so home it came still unfinished! When I opened the mask I realised that you are meant to spray black (or whatever colour you want) through the mask to create a cobweb the colour of your paper, with the black being the background to the cobweb. This meant that using it on the pumpkin would make it an orange cobweb with a black splodge surrounding it which clearly wouldn't work, so as I couldn't be doing with using the mask negative (far too many small fiddly pieces) I just held the main web mask in place (it wouldn't stick to the pumpkin) and lightly put on a slighter darker orange outline, giving me a pumpkin orange cobweb (hope this all makes sense as, after all this faffing, you can't really see the masked webs on the photo!). Pumpkin is then just finished off with a tag (stamps borrowed from Morag so not sure of the make), painted green stem, the teeth were painted with a Pearl dabber and then I added two white cobwebs (these were a pain as I had to sew three pieces of the netting together). This is then finished off with two Quickutz spiders with bling for eyes.
Here is a close up of the small cobweb:
Am not sure whether I like those tendrilly bits or not so these havent been stuck down just carefully placed! Sorry for poor quality of photos but my desk sheet is smaller than the pumpkin! The pumpkin will now have pride of place in my porch.