Sunday 24 July 2011

Another quick layout

Not!

Isn't it typical that I thought I would just do another quick green layout (get me - I never do green so I am definately learning on my Colour or is Color? course!).  Anyway four days later here is the finished article:


Not sure why it took so long because it's not really complicated but I did faff around deciding upon the zoo/trees/leaves as for the first two days I was planning on using birds.  Also the fact that I have hand cut out all the leaves/animals and trees slowed me down too!

Anyway stash used was:
My Minds Eye Quite Contrary papers - "Little Man" Journaling card and Zig Zag paper and "Curious" Who Loves You paper.  Distress inks used were: Vintage Photo, Forest Moss, Tumbled Glass, Worn Lipstick, Pumice Stone and Frayed Burlap.  The doily was sprayed with an orange glimmer mist and I used orange bling for the coconuts in the trees.  Stamps used were: Autumn Leaves Mindy's Zoo, Stampers Anonymous "The journey...", Woodware Woodland Mushrooms (the leaves) and Creative Expressions Vintage Aviation (the balloon).  The two chipboard accents are by Colorbok part of their my Wild Life range. Layout is based on a July 2011 Page Map .  Hope you like it!

Also I finally have put the finishing touches to my red layout from 3 weeks ago:

so it finally has the birdcage and a few extras on the top right and the red on the left hand side didn't sit right with me as I felt it needed a bit more but another material flower was too much so I added another birdcage and a few bits there too.

Thanks for looking - am off for a sit down now as we have all been out our bikes today as we managed to get DS1 and OH new ones yesterday thanks to the 20% off sale at Toys R Us. Whoo hoo.

1 comment:

Missus Wookie said...

Gorgeous fussy cutting - the leaves/animals pop against that brown background. I agree with your bottom left balancing everything beautifully. Fun to see you scrapping again :)