Thursday 7 July 2011

If that's not enough

I am doing another online course too!  This one is over at www.bigpictureclasses.com/ and is the Colour or is it Color? course by Nic Howard.  I only enrolled yesterday but the course actually started last Thursday so I hurriedly did the first weeks colour (red) last night by making my quick 6x6 pages like this:
The heart isn't stuck on yet because it needs to have red bakers twine wrapped around it but I definately got it out and put it on my craft table last night and as I had to leave the crackle paint on the heart to dry overnight I came to wrap it around this morning and I have lost it!  the whole reel!  if you see it let me know!

And here is the layout I did:
This is basically a complete scraplift of the one done in the class due to me wanting to finish it by today (this took me all night and then I left the sewing until today so that I didn't wake the children up using my machine!).  Not sure I like the placement of the red flowers by the birdie so I might have to add another one there and also I meant to put a small birdcage on the sewn strip on the right hand side and for some reason that completely slipped my mind today but I am sure I can manage to add one on there tonight.  Birds, swirls and flowers are sizzix dies - the birdies have been inked with Pumice Stone and covered with Burnished Bronze mica powders, the flowers are made from red fabric and inked with black soot, the swirls are inked with Pumice Stone and covered with Glittering Gold mica powders.  Papers are My Minds Eye and Basic Grey.

I have then spent about three hours today doing these two quick?? 6x6 pages:

have no idea why I had to spend so long messing about with them but they just weren't talking to me today and I did have the tv on so I guess I was just wasting time really.  Still onwards and upwards hopefully these courses will get me out of my scrappers block!

Thanks for looking :)

1 comment:

Missus Wookie said...

I did that course - but didn't do her mini album just worked on my own photo piles. Good fun tho' enjoy it!