Friday 7 November 2014

A cute little rabbit

Am still trying to get back into the habit of blogging - after such a long break I seem to have lost the knack!

As promised though I will try and update more regularly on a few projects I have in the pipeline, I completed this little cutie a couple of weeks ago:


I was going to call him Benjamin Bunny but as my youngest (Benjamin) has decided to have him for himself I can't so I am waiting for him to name him.  He was made from a kit I bought at the May Malvern Quilt show and I also have a lovely waistcoat, trouser and shirt kit to dress him in, although that's still in the pack at the moment!

Here is a closeup of his face:


He was made using a lovely grey felt and bits of Liberty fabric for the ears and feet.  There was another piece of the same fabric in the kit along with a pattern to make a dress but as mine is a boy I gave the material away and will not be making the dress - Benjamin wouldn't be impressed!

That's all from sunny Solihull at the moment.

Thanks for looking - Happily sewing from Solihull

7 comments:

sew.darn.quilt said...

Your yet to be named bunny is adorable, I like the expression on his face. I hope, when his wardrobe is finished you'll share with us again!

Carla said...

I think he makes a great Liberty bunny : )
Very sweet

kjsutcliffe said...

He is so sweet! Have you decided on a name yet? I love the material in his ears and on his feet :)

Hettie said...

This is gorgeous Nichola. Does he have a girlfriend I wonder?
Hugs
x

Jenny Marples said...

What a cute bunny Nicola! His arms make him so hug-able. Hope you made it to the NEC in the end. Jenny x

Mrs A. said...

Please let us know when he has a name. We can't keep on calling him bunny. now I'm so jealous that your only 10mins away from the NEC. Hugs mrs A.

Mrs A. said...

Please let us know when he has a name. We can't keep on calling him bunny. now I'm so jealous that your only 10mins away from the NEC. Hugs mrs A.