Tuesday 25 October 2011

Lets Think Creatively challenge no 8

It's Tuesday! so

Am really rather excited about this next challenge as it's all about housework!  Yes honestly!  The challenge this fortnight is to make either a tag/card and/or layout using your worst housework chore as inspiration!  My worst chore is the dusting - what a waste of time that is, once you have dusted 2 hours later the dust pixies have been again and no-one can tell!  my house is constantly dusty as I refuse to give in to the dust mites and refuse to dust everyday!  so you can bet there will probably be lots of cobwebs on my challenge creations!

This challenge is not as difficult as it might sound -  so here are some other ideas that you could use:

Worst chore ironing?  then how about this trust old background technique:

Take your background paper (here I am using a tag) and crumple it up:
ink it, here I have used tea dye and vintage photo distress inks:
then get out the dreaded iron and iron it!
you now have a flat aged piece of cardstock to kick start off your fabulous creation!

Other ideas are:
Hate cleaning?  try stamping with bleach
Hate Washing up? use a cloth or some string (am thinking of those string mop brushes here!)
Hate dusting? put some cobwebs or dust some perfect pearls onto your creation
Hate cooking? use a food theme or stamp with chocolate coloured ink

see the world is your oyster here - this challenge has already got my creative juices flowing - can't wait to start playing and er dusting! tee hee.

If you would like to join me on my journey to get creative whilst thinking about housework then please leave me a link here so I can come and have a look at your creations.  The challenge is to make either a layout (let's), a tag (think), and/or a card (creatively) - you can make just one item or all three or even lots of each them if you so wish!



Thanks and have fun!  :)

No comments: