Friday 22 April 2011

Challenge Number 4 second layout

As I am clearly in the mood to get some unfinished projects finished I took this (again been in the drawer for about 2 years!):

inspiring eh! and took a sketch some Nitwit papers I have had for a while and made this:
I know it won't win any prizes and there aren't really enough twiddly, hidden and dangly bits on it for me but it's another layout done and five more photos scrapped!  Notice how the photos are all very similar - does anyone else take loads of photos of the same thing and then just cannot choose between them?  I think this is what causes my difficulty in scrapping sometimes - there are too many photos of one thing for a layout or mini book - but just look at my little munchkins on these piccies- I have a typical Oliver dancing around being followed by Benjamin, two fabulous facial expressions from Oliver but not Benjamin, a great picture of Benjamin but Oliver looking down and then just a daft photo that completely sums up my boys - just how do you pick one?  I certainly can't and I know I could spend hours on Photoshop sorting out the faces to turn three photos into one but why bother I have better things to do like, erm, spending two years faffing on the said photos!

Anyway this layout (note its a double one too!) fits in with my current challenge like so:

Something old - The green tree (a tag set from Poundland years ago) and the Christmas Tree brad (been in my brad box for years too!)

Something new - Nitville houses - these weren't originally meant to be on this layout which is why they arent really the right size but I printed them out this week on the same sheet of paper as the scarecrows as I didn't want to waste any paper (I am sure I am not the only one that does this am I?) and then after cutting out a row of Tim sizzix houses suddenly remembered them so used them instead (they are by Nitwit Collections)
Santa & Sleigh/Reindeer - Not actually a new purchase but the first time they have been used (again they are by Nitwit Collections)
Ginger Fella - again not new but first time used! (again Nitwit Collections)
December embossing folder - bought this at Christmas but am not sure if I have used it or not?
Bauble Decoration stamp - again not new but unused!

Something Borrowed - the alphabet (think it's from the crop but I am pretty sure it isn't mine)
Santa is Coming to Town stamp - thanks Jackie!

Something Blue - ink and cardstock.

Layout is based on a pagemap - page 24 pagemaps 2.  Think I am finally getting to grips with sketches now!
Just need to look up what year these photos were taken now, I am guessing 2006 due to Benjamin's curly hair!

Thanks for looking :)

1 comment:

peggy aplSEEDS said...

thanks for dropping by my blog! good for you to finish some LOs. i IS hard to decide on what picture to place isn't it?
happy Easter!
peggy peggy aplSEEDS