Thursday 11 August 2011

I so wasn't looking forward

to going into Birmingham town centre last night, but

was worth it!  We drove in and parked at the Arcadian car park which is right by the Hippodrome, they kept shutting the shutters to lock everyone in!  We then sat in the car and ate our tea (chicken sandwich and a bag of crisps - so romantic!) then walked round to see the show - which was great we really enjoyed it.  I feel like rummaging through the boxes in the loft to see if I can find my 18 Queen LP's! When we came out the streets were eerily deserted but when we drove up to the main Pershore Road we saw that the police had cordoned off the street, then when we drove round towards the Blues ground (we thought that going up the Coventry Road would be safer than driving up the Stratford Road) every road was cordoned off hence an empty town centre.  Quite spooky - feels like quite an adventure now that I am sitting here typing about it!

Thanks for looking :)

2 comments:

Jackie xxx said...

Glad you enjoyed it. I knew you would. Glad you got home safely in the end.

Missus Wookie said...

Glad you enjoyed the show and there weren't any disturbances. I was tickled that the reason given on the news was 'extra police and bad rain' - one of the first times everyone was happy that rain stopped play :)

Oh and whilst I don't have 18 Queen LPs I really enjoyed the "Stormtroopers in Stilettos" exhibit well worth going if it comes up north.