Sunday 28 August 2011

My budding little actor

A while ago (March in fact) Oliver was in a school production of Romeo and Juliet - he was the Narrator so had quite a big part at the very beginning and again at the very end but then had to sit very quietly for about an hour and a half during the rest of the production! 

The whole school did fabulous show and when you think that they were only in Years 5 and 6 and the script was all in olde English we were all so proud!

Anyway for my Color or is Colour week 5 - which was Purple - I have done this layout:


should have been done 3 weeks ago - oops!  It was based on a sketch provided with the course but I have promptly lost my paper copy of it and the connection took too long to load on DS's PC earlier so I have stuck this down by memory so it's probably completely different!  I did the base of the layout and most of the bits at my last crop but have only just gotten around to sticking it down and finishing it today - honestly going away on holiday really messes up your crafting doesn't it!

Stuff used:  My Minds Eye 29th Street Market papers, purple cardstock, Purple texture paste, Red inca gold paint, Basic Grey Archaic brads, Prima "Make Me Happy" flowers, Making Memories Passport Alphabet, various Promarkers, Sepia Archival Ink, a Primark necklace key (how quickly have I used one of those!!), Earthy Pastel Hemp.  Distress Inks: Old Paper, Fired Brick and Vintage Photo.  Stamps: Non Sequitor, Stampers Anonymous, Magnolia, and Creative Expressions.

Thanks for looking :)  I have just moved all of my crafty bits and pieces that were in the dining room back into my craft room so I am hoping this will get my creative juices flowing and I am planning on making something else this afternoon too.  Don't you just love bank holidays :)

2 comments:

Hettie said...

Lovely layout and Hurrah and Encore to your clever son!! That is the beauty of sketches, you can stretch them to suit you, even the truth sometimes!!

Missus Wookie said...

Congratulations to ds on the olde English - that's stuff tricky. DD had to sleep on stage once - it's tricky sitting there being still so well done on that too.

I like the colours here - and the cluster of embellishments looks great.