Friday 7 September 2012

Anniversary card

Both my parents and my OHs parents have the same anniversary (5th September) - I usually make them both different cards but this year what with new schools and everything I decided to create two the same to save time:


I used a Kraft card base, T!ms Journey Sizzix mover and shaker tag with a bazzill tag, small butterfly mover and shaker, Antique Linen, Frayed Burlap and Barn Door distress inks, Coffe and Crimson Archival inks, the Butterfly stamps are by Cavallini and Co, the background script stamp is by Kaisercraft and the LOVE and small script are from T!ms Urban Grunge set, the Happy Anniversary is from a set of old text stamps and the whole thing is finished with a spray of Old Lace glimmer mist and an Alphabet washi tape.  I kept them to just the two layers as they both had to be posted this year - alas not in a gold post box this time!

Both children are settling well into their new schools - thank you everyone for all your kind comments, emails and texts - its been fun getting back into the swing of school life again this week - no doubt next week it will feel like they haven't had six weeks off at all!

I had a nice sewing afternoon yesterday and plan to spend most of today catching up with my quilt blocks for the dots hop I am in next Tuesday - hop starts next Monday, the full schedule is here so pop on over and join in if you fancy some looking at some lovely inspirational sewing pieces.  I also went out last night with my friend Ann to see a free preview of The Sweeney (I know, out on the town on a school night! it has been such a long time since I have been to the pictures must start going more often!).

Thanks for looking - Itching to get Stitching from Solihull

5 comments:

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Just beautiful, great anniversary card.

Jackie xxx said...

Love your card x

Mrs A. said...

A lovely card. The colours so compliment one another. Glad your boys have settled i nto their new schools. Hugs Mrs A.

Jenny Marples said...

Great job with these cards. Love your choice of Kraft card. Hugs, Buttons x

Missus Wookie said...

Oh I like the cut away along the bottom. Marriage is definitely a journey. Glad the boys have settled - and that you get some quiet sewing time.