Monday 2 August 2010

My new promarkers storage

Made this a couple of weeks ago to keep my promarkers in - mainly because before I had them in little pencil cases and a lovely spotty suitcase and my OH kept moaning that I was noisy when colouring in as I had to rummage for the right colour (and of course I usually colour in on an evening sitting in front of the TV) - so I came up with this idea - the unit fits on my desk nicely and can also be carried around the house if need be:


Here are a couple of close ups:
The blue and green sections

The pink and grey sections

The orange and yellow sections

As you can see I have done 7 different coloured sections to store each main colour set that I have.  All the flowers are handmade (again using Tims Tattered Flower die - I just cant get enough of them can I!)  and lots of stamping and glitter used too.  I matched each section with a coordinating ribbon that went with the two colour ways on either side.  At the moment I have held the bottom together with the new gorgeous candy striped string I seem to keep having to use (have blue, red and brown now!) although I might actually change this and make some coordinating ribbons using distress inks at a later date.

The pen holder is based on the bind it all box that is in their little handout - I have just extended it to make extra sections - the bottom piece is actually one long piece 4" x 28" but as it is so light (even with the pens in) its still convenient for me - although if you were to make your own you could always do a square box. 

The only downside to this is that now my OH can actually see just how many promarkers I have managed to acquire!

Thanks for looking :)

4 comments:

Bobbi said...

Really nice idea....love your colors and all the rose embellishments...

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW I love this storage, Its stunning. I wanna make one for mine now! Love Hazelxox

Ali H said...

What a great idea - so pretty & practical - and wow what a collection of pro=markers !

peggy aplSEEDS said...

this is wonderful! and wow, i love your markers!