Friday 13 August 2010

A play day

Found myself with some spare time yesterday morning and as I still have scrappers block (havent been able to get the enthusiasm together to create a layout for about six months now!), I thought I would have a play and I was inspired to finally make some concertina layered flowers.  Have been meaning to make a concertina flower for such a long time now as they make great embellishments but have never gotten around to it.  But then whilst doing the rounds on WOYWW rounds on Wednesday I came across Mary Anne's site http://scrappystickyinkymess.wordpress.com/2010/08/11/woyww-1182010/ where she has made the same flower but edges it with a punch, and that just gave me the push I needed to sit down and finally have a go!

whilst I didnt sit and watch the video or have a martha stewart board I did use the idea of the punch around the edge.  I cut a strip of cardstock 10" x 1.25", inked the edges with either broken china or chipped sapphire and punched along the edge with a martha stewart punch.  Then I scored along the long length every .25" and folded the piece into a circle concertina style, I joined the two edges with a few staples as tape didnt hold it and then stuck the whole thing down onto a sizzixed circle to hold its shape.  Then on top I mounted either a dark blue or white crepe paper flower with the edges finished with stickles and then a ribbon flower finished with a button.  They have come out fairly big, the two smaller ones are just over 3" in diameter and the larger one (using a 12" x 1.5" strip of card) is almost 3.75" in diameter - so these will probably be used on layouts if and when my scrappers block finally comes to an end!

I then also continued with my mammoth organising session (at least its turning into a mammoth session - I only started off by doing a distress ink tag swatch!).  Anyway here are some more tag swatches - the first is all my texture, cuttlebug and sizzix plates: 

Oh and a texture plate on acetate too there - not sure what I am going to do with that yet!


and a glimmer mist tag swatch.

These swatches are great - I just attach them to my little pen holder thingy and take them with me wherever I go then I just have a quick flick through and decide on what colour I need to use - the names/colours of each are written on the back for easy reference.  Just need to do one for stickles and possibly paints now.  Such fun!

Thanks for looking :)

3 comments:

Kate said...

That's just being sooo organised!

Shimelle and Big Picture Scrapbooking have both got free scrap inspiration events on at the moment - they might help you get creating?

** Kate **

Anonymous said...

Love the flowers, they're great and your organization skills are beyond compare! Hope you find your mojo soon, although your cards have been very pretty and not at all mojo-less!

Hugs
Brenda (WOYWW)

Anonymous said...

Oh they look quite pretty with the multiple layers. Aren't you glad you finally gave them a go? :)

Mary Anne