Sunday 29 August 2010

A couple of cards

Made these cards yesterday - found them extremely hard to do so I am a bit worried that my scrappers block is now fast becoming cardmakers block!  However I do quite fancy doing a layout later so maybe its not all bad!

We have just had a new addition to our family so this card is for him (don't know his name yet!).

It looks quite plain and simple but believe me it took me about four hours most of which was spent faffing about choosing the papers and inks!  It is based on Claudia Rosa's sketch here http://www.fridaysketchersblog.blogspot.com/ and although I have left it quite plain (in case I have post it) I would like to enter it into their challenge.  The blue baby boy paper is by Deja Views but I am unsure of the car paper manufacturer as it is an offcut that I haven't been able to throw away!  Stamps are Martha Stewart and Stampin Up, the tag is a Baby Boy one from K & Co which says "Special Delivery" on it, metal heart was from Hobbycrafts.  I also used Bundled Sage Distress Ink and Pearlescent Sky Blue Brilliance Ink and green bazzill cardstock.

This card is for my inlaws anniversary which is next Sunday (same day as my parents anniversary too!) hopefully its not too cute for them:

Have been able to put flowers on this as I will be hand delivering it to them.  It's based on the sketch at http://www.create4fun-challenge.blogspot.com/ so I would like to enter it into that challenge and also, even though it's anniversary card to both of them, I would like to enter it into the http://www.delightfulsketches.blogspot.com/ challenge which is girly with pearls and lace.
I am unsure of the make of papers but they might be DCWV, I also used nestability dies, a martha stewart border punch, lace, a doily, Spun Sugar distress ink and various flowers from my stash.  It also has a fair amount of gold glimmer mist on it but you can't tell from the photo.

Thanks for looking :)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my these cards are soooo pretty...

Karen said...

Lovely pretty cards, thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges.
xx

Anita said...

Stunning cards! Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges.

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Fabulous cards,thankyou for joining us at Delightful Challenges,
Hugs Dianne xx

Cec said...

Lovely cards. Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges.
Hugs!
Cec

Jemica Dabney said...

I love your cards-especially the anniversary one!

Jemica Dabney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Missus Wookie said...

Both are cute but that stamp on the second is great :)

Unknown said...

Oh string the fun my kitten would have lol love the box you have put your DI inwith the right width to fit in so many did you buy it? or did clever you make it? I would love one

Love Dawn xx

Sue said...

Hi ya
sounds like you had fun last week, lovely creative desk, luv them boxes,Have great day, happy WOYWW, sue,x

cheryl said...

oh these cards are just so beautiful hun,love them,know what you mean about house being neglected he he,hugs cheryl xxxxx

Stampin'Piper said...

Lovely cards! Thanks for joining the Friday Sketchers!

Hugs Tanja

voodoo vixen said...

Oh my, your desk looks pretty 'busy' today!! LOL Sorry I am late, life got in the way... and a painful toe!!