Thursday 12 July 2012

A papercrafting blog hop?


I have had so much fun these past few days joining in with a quilting blog hop that I thought I would have a go in a papercrafting one but I have had a quick search and can't find one anywhere - so I thought I would set up my own - would you care to join me??

I haven't run one of these before but the general idea is to submit your name, you will then be put onto a schedule - depending upon numbers the schedule may be completed in one day or over a number a days, your task is to complete a piece of artwork and publish it on your blog on your scheduled day along with a list of the other participants.  Then other blog hoppers can pop round and visit your blog.  This is a great way to increase traffic to your blog helping you to find new friends and maybe a few more followers on the way too!

I thought a great theme at the moment would be "Something British" due to the fact that we have a lot going on in Blighty at the moment what with the Queens Jubilee, nearly winning Wimbledon and, I have also heard a rumour that there is something rather sporty happening here soon too.  So if you fancy making a piece of artwork of anything your imagination conjures up when you think of Great Britain then please join me.  You don't have to be British to take part, this hop is open to anyone anywhere in the world and you can make any type of artwork from a card, ATC, scrapbook page, art journal - whatever you fancy.

So what do you think? do you fancy joining in?   If so please leave me a comment below or email me via the Contact button above and I will organise a schedule.  Please spread the word about this blog hop by copying the "Great British Blog Hop" button on the top right hand side of my blog and displaying it on your own blog - the only way to get artists to join in is to advertise and what better way is there than a blog button!

Sign up for the blog hop will be open until Wednesday 25th July and the blog hop will start on Wednesday 1st August.

Thanks for looking - Hoping you will join in from Solihull

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me think about this... I am not much of a paper crafter, though.

Bernice Hopper said...

I'll join in. Will blog about it on Saturday. Need to get my Friday Feature going tomorrow first.

Fishcake_random said...

I will have a go, papercraft isn't my usual crafty form but I do love a challenge!
x x x

The Slow Quilter said...

I would love to join. Do you have to use paper or can you also use fabric. Nice having a blog from good Old England.

ally said...

i would have a go, you just need to remind me lol

Jak said...

Would love to take part Nikki...itll be fun x

Hettie said...

Oh! Go on then Nikki! Hmmmn! What to do!
BTW - There was a British winner at Wimbledon....Jonathan Marray!

donnalouiserodgers said...

i will join in but remind me for I am dilatory

Morti said...

I'll give a tentative yes to joining in - depends when as we have a week's holiday in August where we may or may not be going away... Sounds like fun though!

Jackie xxx said...

Did say yes at the crop ... and still up for it. Sounds fun x

Missus Wookie said...

Sounds good to me! I've got another blog hop for the 1st but I can do this one first as that doesn't start until 4pm and I presume this will start at sometime in the morning?

Amy E said...

I just found this post...I would love to join in if there's still room! I'm from the US but you said it's open to anyone world wide?

amyis300 AT hotmail DOT com
scrapthissavethat.blogspot.com