Sunday 25 July 2010

Oh the agony

It's my Grandmas birthday tomorrow so I have put together a cute little book for her similar to the one I will be doing at the class in August - I did this thinking that it would be quick and easy to put together but oh no nothing is that easy is it!  Have spent hours fiddling with this and that, where to put this, does this picture go? etc, etc, and I have no idea why - my Grandma would love anything I make even if it was one photo placed on a piece of card and put in an envelope, she would cherish it.  I know that she keeps all my cards and things I make in a box or folder by her chair - at 88 tomorrow she isnt very mobile - and sits there for hours looking through them all so as much as its lovely to have my stuff really appreciated and loved and anything would be suitable I still spend hours agonising to ensure that its perfect!  we crafters cant win can we!  Anyway here is the book:
Couldnt decide on whether to use the orange or red ribbon so have had to use both - yes I have been up since 7am this morning deliberating!

Here are some inside pages:
as you can see I have kept them all plain and simple - even so its still taken me all week to complete!

Here is my card:

This is based on the sketch at http://fridaysketchersblog.blogspot.com/ so I would like to enter it into their challenge - have kept to the sketch completely in the hopes I would create it quicker but it still took me an evening - flowers, as usual, are handmade using Tims tattered flower die and then I have used a lovely new leaf punch that punches and embosses at the same time (to speed me up!) and a Martha Stewart border punch, papers and chipboard are My Minds Eye from our kit in March.

And then here is the card from my children:

all their own work DS1 did the inking (which he thinks is "very easy and effective" and will try again - bless him) and DS2 did the colouring in.  Obviously they have told me that the card is finished and ready to go and now that I have photographed it I can see one glaring error that there is no "Great Grandma" on it so that now needs to be rectified - thank goodness I have 1.5 hours before we leave for the birthday celebrations!

Thanks for looking :)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

wow that´s really cute and so lovely.
thank you for joining the friday sketcher challenge.
hugs, bea

Missus Wookie said...

I like the kids' card but prefer yours - those flowers are lovely.

Lynne said...

hope your ankle is better soon. Those flowers are beautiful.

Scrapcat 1 said...

love your flowers and hope your ankle is better soon

Lizzybobs said...

owch - hope your anckle is feeling a bit better - love the button thingys and the book is lovely - thanks for my mooch around your blog - lv Liz

Darcy Marshall said...

great flowers, I love,love the red one!

Fab box and book too, looks very polished.

Amanda said...

Hi love the craft space, the pink suitcases are darling. Amanda

Becky H said...

i love that suitcase! Absolutely adorable!