Wednesday 21 July 2010

WOYWW #59

Quite a tidy desk for me this week - it was my crop on Sunday so most of my tools are still downstairs and I have to confess I was tweeking the box and suitcase on my dining room table yesterday so that is a bit of mess!


BIA box is a teacher gift - am so unhappy with the ribbon!  top tip to everyone when making one of these boxes ensure you have enough of the right colour ribbon before you start!  this one has been tied together with a burgundy ribbon (made it look very gothic) and a white one (made it washed out) and I have now setttled for this blue one to match the broken china swirl on the top but am still not sure - will check in John Lewis later today if they have a better matching one, then need to sort out my other teacher one which is done in worn lipstick.  The suitcase is my class that I am teaching at our all day crop in August, it contains a cute mini book done with Echo Park papers - that just needs its tag affixing on the front - its done so I am not quite sure why I havent tied it on yet!  The white box is actually empty and just awaiting to go in the bin!  its there to remind me I have no more ATG tapes but they are on order so I should be ok soon!  Can you see the lovely little packet of feet there? bought those last month at our crop they are going to go on a bia box for me - not done that yet though!  Just 3 teachers cards and 2 cards for my Grandma and a nice little gift for her to make this week and then I can do something for me!

The little pile of stamps are my Hanglars which are still a. unused (oops) and b. homeless - need to stamp them out, laminate the sheet and put them away in a folder - another one of those tasks on my never ending list of things to do! have also treated myself to some Elzybells stamps as they are half price at the moment which are in the same situation but are still in my crop bag downstairs.

Have a lovely Wednesday everyone and will hopefully get round to most of your blogs by tomorrow - only managed 100 last week and this week might be much the same!

Thanks for looking :)

30 comments:

Helen said...

Love your BIA box, and those pink cases on the shelf are lovely!!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a cute box. I agree that you need to have all your supplies color coordinated before you begin, but this ribbon looks quite acceptable. Have fun shopping today for what might turn out to be the perfect ribbon. Happy WOYWW.

Michelle said...

very sweet box! I think the blue ribbon looks good.
Have a great WOYWW!
hugs
Michelle
xx

minnie_mac said...

Fabulous box and suitcase.

Marilyn

Joanne said...

Well I think your box looks lovely. A tip from an expert - not me I hasten to add - use distress inks on your project and white ribbon for a co-ordinated effect. You need never to buy coloured ribbon again.
Luv Joanne xx

Andrea - Wales, UK said...

Love the box and it's surprising how much ribbon these boxes take!! I'm with Joanne, buy a big reel of white ribbon and colour with DI's - perfect colour match every time!
Have a great day.

xx

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Gorgeous box, love the colours :-) As for the ribbon, perhaps you could've coloured the white to match, using the inkpad. Also perhaps you could've used a few colours together in each hole say a mix of 3 diff colours then you could've alternated colours
Anne xx

Sue said...

Hi
Oh lovely tidy desk, gorgeous box, beautiful gift, have great day, sue,x

Unknown said...

I have done the whole not quite enough ribbon thing before too ... your box looks fab though :0)

Anneliese said...

that's a lovely gift for the teacher, she's very lucky ! .. Those feet are fab, I used some quite recently too. Love the pink cases on the shelves, very niice !

Cath Wilson said...

Love the box but I do agree - the ribbon needs to be a bit darker... it doesn't look too bad, though and would certainly be acceptable. Love the suitcase.

Tracey said...

the box is wonderful and so are thos cases.
Tracey

Rosie said...

Lots of organisation to see on your desk - am LOVING those pink suitcases and I WANT ONE!! Or more than one possibly.

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty box! x

Bettythebaglady said...

These teachers-they don't know how lucky they are. Love the box and your pretty workspace. Hugs BettyXXX

Spyder said...

I can see the feet, slightly left of the seven dwarfs and right of what might be rubbers and behind the little case, ohooo lots going on this week!!
Happy WOYWW
(Lyn))

Alix said...

urrrgggh i hate when you run out of something that's going so well...hope you find a perfect alternative :0)

TinaB said...

Great desk, Thanks for the snoop xx

donnalouiserodgers said...

hmm,

handmade puppet up for grabs - there has to be a joke in theRe soMEwhere?

Julia Dunnit said...

Love the box - lucky teacher! She won't know your ribbon agonies, so don't stress too much! I've spent a good few secs looking for a bag of feet - and it took me a while to twig! Will look forward to seeing your box with feet!

Sid said...

Fab box !! Great work area.

Anonymous said...

Is that a Seven Dwarfs pail I spy? Groovy.
Heeyyyy...dowels? are those superly cute dowels holding your ribbons?
Amy

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Love your little box, it is so beautiful! Thanks for sharing, hugs Heidi xx

Joey said...

Hiya I think your box looks pretty gorgeous, wish I had thought of something like that for my kiddies teachers. Joey.x

peggy aplSEEDS said...

great project! perhaps a bit of greenish ink/paint sponged on the ribbon?

Annie said...

Sorry I'm rather late calling in this week. My day was really manic yesterday and had to end with a 62mile round journey to visit my neighbour in hospital.
Really love your box,
A x

angeleef said...

You've got an amazing desk there!! Love all those hights and that box looks really neat
** Evi **

Sam said...

Ooooo they are gorgeous love it.
sam x

JoZart Designs said...

Lovely boxes,lucky teachers, they'll be thrilled with them. Thanks for sharing
Jo x

Chrissie said...

That box looks like a labour of love!
Chrissie