Friday 2 December 2011

12 Tags of Christmas - Day 2

Whoo hoo - two posts in one day! that doesn't happen very often does it!  Well if you are following along with T!ms 12 tags (and if not - why not??) then this is my take on today's:



As you can see I have kept mine nice and simple and basically copied T!ms by following his techniques.

I have used Kraft resist cardstock (not got the Seasonal one!), covered it with Picket Fence distress stain (so love this stuff!) and carried out the technique as described, inked the edges with Festive Berries and then, when distressed with my trustly old knife blade, with Vintage Photo.  I also sprayed the tag with Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearl Mist (both the Vintage Photo distress ink and the Perfect Pearl Mist were given to me by T!m at ArtsyCrafts earlier this year so I had to use them!).  I don't own the Reindeer die but this was cut out for me by Jackie at a crop a few months ago (thanks Jackie!). 

I used the On the Edge Ornate die on grunge paper and painted it with the mouldy red inka paint that was sitting on my desk (as you do! and no I still haven't emailed them yet.....).  I tied a Lets Grow rope string around his neck with a yellow heart hanging off it (from Hobbycraft and the Works respectively) and then added a bling eye and a red pom pom to turn him into Rudolph.

I am not sure who manufactured the stamped circle but it is inked with Evergreen berries,  mounted onto a sizzix pinking edge circle inked with Iced Spruce and then covered with glossy accents (which is still wet!), the holly is from T!ms Festive Greenery die and the 3 berries were added with my Bejeweller.  I finished the tag with some earthy pastel and earthy hemp from which I have hung three pearls off a necklace from Primark and I think the Hope tag was given to me at a class sometime ago and never used!

Whole tag only took an hour which is very quick for me and I have also had a lovely morning at my art class learning (finally!) how to use water colour pencils - will post about that at a later time.

Thanks for looking - Inky from Solihull

11 comments:

Bernice Hopper said...

Very good. I haven't started mine yet

Gez Butterworth said...

Fabulous tag Nicola.xx

Winnie said...

Great tag! I love your spin on it. Great deer!

Jackie xxx said...

lovely x I've not started any yet, might have a go later in the month.

famfa said...

It almost seems like you are talking another language (I so do not get stamping) but you have made a lovely stamp.

Unknown said...

gorjuss, love it xx

jude said...

This is beautiful just love it hun!
judex

GlitteryKatie said...

Hey Nicki!!! I saw your tag on Tim's blog and had to have a look- I'm playing too- LOVING the crafting fun!! kt xx

Missus Wookie said...

looks lovely - as does yesterdays. Not even thinking about T!M's tags at the moment, maybe later when I've got time off...

Hettie said...

Hello Inky! Love your Rudy!! FAB!! xxx

The Gentleman Crafter said...

Great job. This was my favorite tag Tim did this year. I love it!