Saturday 17 December 2011

The Magic of hOltZ

I have enjoyed myself so much recently making 8 of the 12 Tags of christmas, then a couple of days ago I was having a little rummage through my smallish pile of papers as I need to start planning the calendar I make for my Nan as a Christmas present when I came across the Graphic 45 The Magic of Oz papers I have - then something just clicked and I thought that really Oz is just a secret code for hOltZ- after all he is a wizard at inspiring us all isn't he!  So, all thoughts of the calendar disappeared (after all I still have another whole 8 days to worry about that!) and I decided to make this instead:


and as you can see I have managed to incorporate T!ms Day 8 steam punk tag on it too.

Papers used are: Graphic 45 - The Magic of hOltZ Collection namely The Magic of hOltZ and Journey to hOltZ, A Proper Gentleman Collection - Timely Point of View and Steampunk Debutante Collection - Mechanical Mind.  The Magic of Oz cards and header were cut from the Oz papers and I have cut out and added the hlt letters from T!ms Once Upon A Time alphabet, inked them with Aged Mahogany and Black Soot to match the other letters and adhered them to read hOltZ.  Of course as its a layout with T!m on it it needed lots of metal so I have used cogs, a crown - finished with a Primark pearl - and some spinners from T!ms metal collections, a metal clock charm (think I got this from Art From The Heart) and a metal pen nib.  The tag I based on the Day 8 Steampunk tag and didn't change it much but used Alice from the papers to point to the name hOltZ and a ticket - using T!ms ticket die and a stamp from the Odds and Ends collection - saying Artsycrafts and the date.  The clock is T!ms sizzix die as are all the cogs which I have painted with silver, bronze and gold metallic paints then inked with Vintage Photo distress ink.  I used a burgundy earthy pastel length of hemp which I always like to wrap around cogs and lay around a scrapbook page if I can.  Have inked all my edges with Vintage Photo and the tag background was made using Vintage Photo, Picket Fence and Broken China distress stains.

Hope you like it! Thanks for looking - Enjoying the magic of hOltZ from Solihull.

6 comments:

Jackie xxx said...

Fab layout - love how you have incorporated the tag in the layouts. Now get on with the Calandar - lol x

Bernice Hopper said...

Very clever.

Mrs A. said...

Very clever play on words. Like your tags. Are you going to make all 12 of them and will we see the calendar ? Hugs Mrs A.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

ah funny how we just look at something Sunshine, and say yes that is it!! so obvious one minute and not at all the minute before great layout! Happy WOYWW! and thanks for being a blessing to me through 2012.
All the blessings of the season as we celebrate the birth of the dear Lord Jesus and the greatest gift of all, love Shaz in oz. x

Debbie Rock said...

Mr. H does certainly spin his magic - from a fellow fan also from Solihull!!!!! It is his fault I had a badly burnt finger as I attempted to make his pine-cones ... but he is just so wonderful I have forgiven him! It was either drop the pine-cone or let the hot glue burn my finger ... like I had a choice! Love all your work and I LoVe your extra-special Tim page! Love Debbie xXx

Hettie said...

This is gorgeous Nicola. Merry Christmas to you and yours.