Monday 5 December 2011

12 Tags of Christmas - Day 5

Love this technique - first learnt this in 2005 at one of T!ms classes at Bonanza but haven't used it much since - not sure why really as I do like it!

Anyway here is my tag for today - sorry the picture isn't the best but I took it at 3.30pm (had lunch out with the girl's today so did half this morning and half this afternoon before the school run) so as it's already getting dark by then it's not easy to get a good picture even with daylight bulbs!:

The bird is a sizzix one and I prepared this and a couple of others yesterday when I was doing the house tag - today it just needed a swish of black soot distress stain over it and his little eye - the tag is hazlenut alcohol ink and T!ms original script reflections stamp.  I needed a bit more fuss though so I have added some festive greenery finished off with a bit of doodling and pearls (off a necklace from Primark) and then the fence is a Wrought Iron Fence die from Memory Box, all mounted onto a white tag.  Nice and simples!  Will probably do a couple more these too later (especially as I have already prepared another 3 acetate backgrounds and have another bird ready too!

I would also like to say a big hello to Nicki - thanks for following me!

Thanks for looking - Full up from eating far too much at Giraffe from Solihull

5 comments:

Hettie said...

Lovely job on this. I love how we all see the same post but do something different. I am only on No. 3 but will catch up soon!! Maybe!!

Sue said...

Love the bird and fence!

anna christensen crafts said...

I really like this a lot!

Mrs A. said...

The white fence just finishes the tag off to perfection. Hugs Mrs A.

The Gentleman Crafter said...

Oh, another favorite! Love the bird and how you finished the whole tag off. Very Clever!