Sunday 4 December 2011

12 Tags of Christmas - Day 4

Gosh I never thought this would dry in time! (family party in 1hour 22 mins and counting...)



Have used a cream cardstock for the base and inked it with picket fence, broken china and vintage photo distress stains (aren't these just the best!).  Then stamped with a swirl (have prepared quite a few of these and some I used a script stamp here instead - not only do I prefer a script but I always find that I have never got the right kind of swirl!) - however the swirl is one I made myself ages ago now and actually looked really good (shame its covered up really!), then I stamped several different snowflakes with broken china. 

The house was painted with hazlenut acrylic dabber (at least I think it was - I found it in my 'bung it in there it will come in useful one day boxes') and had already been run through the notebook embossing folder.  I then cut out the house (don't have that fabulous snowman die - boo hoo) and covered it with crackle glaze, when dry I rubbed over vintage photo distress strain.  Then when all that was dry I put the music paper behind it and filled all the windows with glossy accents - and then left aside to dry yet again!  Then I finished it with some metal smoke from the chimney (so love doing this to house chimneys!) and some liquid pearls and glitter for the snow. 

The large snowflakes are cut from glitter paper with sizzlets and the smaller ones are from a Martha Stewart die - all finished with bling - I did try and cut them out with acetate but no joy as it's too thick for punches and sizzlets.  The little silver brooch I have had in my stash for ages and I thought it looked a bit like a wreath - have no idea who the lady in it is.  I added a T!m Christmas tag in Festive Berries in the bottom corner to give it a bit of colour and finished with 2 holly leaves and some berries (out of my comfort zone here as I always use three holly leaves - who knows maybe I will have to add one later after my guests have gone.....). 

Have finished it simply with plain ribbons - this was just one white ribbon and have I coloured two bits with vintage photo and broken china to tie the whole tag together.

Am so loving making these tags - if you want to join in pop over to T!ms and get crafty!

Thanks for looking - Sparkly from Solihull

12 comments:

Bekca said...

I'm loving seeing all these tags you're creating! This one is gorgeous, love the snowflakes. Best wishes.

Jackie xxx said...

Another great tag. xx

bpandos said...

I love your tag. I'm glad you didn't have the snowman die - or I wouldn't have seen this great house with the resin filled windows!

Winnie said...

Love your tag. I love that you made it your own. Merry Christmas.

Kalipssa said...

wow! wonderful tag!

Rainbow Lady said...

Love the way you have used the house... I would never have thought of it what a good idea. Lovely tag. Love Cynthia x

mjk said...

love your take on the tag. just beautiful, but then i love houses, lol. tfs

Nicki said...

I like your take on Tim's tag, I love the house I need it!!! lol

Nicki.xxx

kellystar said...

I like how you used the house instead of the snowman! Very pretty!

SherRee said...

Like the use of the house. I am always looking for ideas on how to use it.

Shannon91 said...

Très beau tag !!!
bravo ...
Bizz

The Gentleman Crafter said...

Awesome! I love the Rickety House die! Great job!