Sunday 11 December 2011

12 Tags of Christmas - Day 6

Am running a bit behind with these due to DS having a birthday in the middle and lots of celebrations going on all round!

Here is my take on Tag six:

The photo really doesn't do this tag any justice as it is really, really nice in real life.  I was actually quite surprised how nice it turned out as during it's creation it wasn't the best I can tell you!  Firstly I hadn't got a suitable colour metal so I used a dusky pink and then the only acrylics I had to hand (without going and moving presents and things to get in my craft cupboard) were pastels and browns, however I put the metal through the word embossing folder and then coloured it with stripes of sandal, espresso and hazlenut paints (and yes it really did look awful!).  I then sanded away and to be fair at that stage it already started to look better even with my strange colour mix.  I then thought in for a penny in for a pound and covered the whole tag, rather than just one area, with Festive Berries ink and embossed it and the transformation was fabulous and I ended up with a rather lovely piece of artwork just in itself.  So I have just finished the tag simply with a bit of black flower ribbon I bought in the rag market, two fabulous pinecones (spent a happy evening making up a few of these from the new T!m die, the pinecones are cut from Kraft card, inked with Gathered Twigs and then finished with Snowcap paint and rock candy stickles (they look very effective!) and the leaves are inked with Peeled Paint.  I used another of my metal angels which I painted with Snowcap, Pearl and Pitch Black acrylics and then tied on to the tag with red and black twine to tie all the colours together.

All in all I am very happy with the results!  If you want to join in with the 12 Tags then pop over to T!ms and join in the fun.


Can I just say a big hello to RumTruffle - thank you for following me :)

Thanks for looking - Running behind from Solihull

1 comment:

The Gentleman Crafter said...

Probably one of my favorites! I love this tag! Very pretty!