Sunday 11 December 2011

12 Tags of Christmas - Day 7

Oooh glassine leaves!  I thought these looked lovely when I watched the video but, alas, I have no glassine!  However look at my results using freezer paper:

As I have a huge roll of freezer paper (150 metres! - well actually I have already used some so I probably only have about 148 metres now!) I thought I would give it a try instead of glassine paper, so I inked it up with Meadow and Bottle alcohol inks with some Copper mixative and then heated it - I half expected it to burn but no it was fine! so I turned it over and inked the back (something I always do!) and then when I had heated that side, I turned it back to the front and added blending solution, heated it, crumpled it and cut out some holly leaves with my sizzix die - I was very impressed with the results and have now made loads of these! (well with 148 metres of freezer paper I thought it was rude not too!).

I did the pearls the same way as T!m too with Red Pepper alcohol ink in a little bag.  The tag background is done in Wild Honey and Vintage Photo distress strains and stamped with a background stamp in Vintage Photo, edges are inked with Vintage Photo too.  Santa is from an Anita's set of stamps and he is inked onto kraft cardstock with Brown ink and cut out with a sizzix die.  Tag is then finished with the holly leaves, pearls (again taken from a trusty necklace from Primark), a bit of ribbon with silver stars on and some twine.  The top of the tag is finished with red and plain twine with two more pearls from a Primark necklace and a bell that I have coloured with Red Pepper alcohol ink too.

If you want to join in with the 12 Tags then pop over to T!ms and join in the fun.

Here are a couple more of these I have made too:




Thanks for looking - Loving my holly from Solihull

3 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

Delicious stuff gal, your tags really are fab and the idea of the freezer paper for glassine is just genius! I haven't looked over at THs site deliberately, am so enjoying all the different takes on them that I dont want to compare!

Missus Wookie said...

Those leaves look good - not had time to read blogs much so haven't even looked at T!m.

The Gentleman Crafter said...

Very cool!