Saturday 3 December 2011

12 Tags of Christmas - Day 3

Oh my goodness - how quick are these to put together??  Managed this one in less than an hour because I have had to sort out a couple of things since 8am and still have managed to produce this by 9.10!


Have seen the technique of inking a piece of felt a few times but have never tried it before - now I am addicted! This will be appearing a lot in my artwork from now on - believe me!  I was a bit worried to start as I only have three distress reinkers - Rusty Hinge, Wethered Wood and Wild Honey - not really Christmassy colours are they! I also thought they might clash but no they look great!

Have used a Crafty Individuals stamp inked in the above colours, to keep it matching I have inked the tag with Wild Honey and then the edges with Rusty Hinge and then covered it with the lovely Dyan's (Blonde Moments) Festive Candy Lustre Pearl Pigment.  Admittedly the lampost was already cut out and inked so I just had to add the snow (with SnowWriter and glitter) and put on the holly leaves and finish with bling.  The snowman was also already cut - a left over from my advent calendar (for which I have had a personal email off T!m saying how much he liked it - whoo hooo can't get higher praise than that for a configuration box can you!!!), I just had to colour him in with promarkers and finish with bling and a pom pom (gotta be done hasn't it!).  Then I have just finished it off simply with a piece of calico inked with Vintage Photo and another Fairy (and yes it is another fairy as I bought 10 of them so they will be appearing on a few more tags yet - I haven't just pinched it off day 1 - honest!).

Well that's it for me at the moment am off to take DS1 to tennis, then the school Christmas Fayre then back for his Xbox party and sleepover and then prepare for our family birthday party tomorrow - gosh it's all go - thank goodness for a quick technique!  If you want to join in with the fun then pop over to T!ms.

Thanks for looking :)  Mojo's on fire from Solihull

edited to add I have since done loads more of these!  four more are displayed on the post above.

8 comments:

Bernice Hopper said...

Fantastic. I'm really impressed. I've only got one re-inker ~ Aged Mahogany!

Gez Butterworth said...

awe, just gorgeous!

Have a great day. Gez.

Bekca said...

So very adorable, love it!

Ksenia GypSee Art said...

I'm glad you liked the custom pads.

Ksenia GypSee Art said...

Oh, and beautiful tag!

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

SO cute! Loved the charm and the snowman smile. :)

Nicki said...

I am loving your take on T!m's tag.

I am also joining the fun here is my blog

http://mybloghappyscrappy.blogspot.com/

I will be back to see the next tag, now I am going to look for your calendar :)

Nicki.xxx

The Gentleman Crafter said...

Oh What Fun!